External to Duke Hospital, respiratory care practitioners teach educational programs within the local community as well as in programs designed for national and international audiences. Duke therapists teach respiratory care related topics for Area Health Education Centers and serve as faculty for Hospital sponsored seminars that focus on mechanical ventilation of infants, children and adults.
Duke respiratory care practitioners also actively participate in educational programs sponsored by state and national professional organizations (e.g. North Carolina Society for Respiratory Care, American Association for Respiratory Care, American College of Chest Physicians and the Society of Critical Care Medicine).
- Duke respiratory care practitioners have held or currently hold positions in the AARC and the North Carolina Society of Respiratory Care leadership and Board of Directors
- Duke RCS is actively involved in abstract presentations, lectures and workshops with the following groups:
- North Carolina Society for Respiratory Care
- American Thoracic Society
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American College of Chest Physicians
- National and International Educational Programs include:
- Partner with the American College of Chest Physicians in presenting ongoing airway, ventilator management workshops and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Partner with the AARC in presenting airway and ventilator workshops
- High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation course at Duke University Medical Center
Affiliations with students and instructors from Taiwan.